Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Roadside Furnisture Series Update

As I stated in a previous post, I'm not exactly sure why but there's just something funny to me about seeing furniture on the side of the road. Not laugh-out-loud funny...more like, say if aliens were observing us funny.

I think it's because they sit by the curb so completely out of place in the front yard as if inviting someone to come and sit for a while...read a good book.

It struck me that it might be fun to paint a series of stumbled-upon roadside sofas, recliners, love seats and the like, for the eclectic-leaning art collectors out there. I researched this and, as far as I can tell I'm the only one out there doing this. 

So with that, I have finally completed my second in the series. By the way, I paint these from actual furniture that I come across, so each is unique and in its own organic setting... as it were. Sure to be highly coveted and collectible. Invest today!
#175 Roadside Recliner - 8x10-inch oil on Gessobord
#246 Roadside Recliner - 8x10-inch oil on Gessobord


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.