Monday, September 15, 2014

Classic Car Show and the Wrath of Wipe

A few weeks ago I tried a plein air painting at a local classic car show in Getzendaner Park in Waxahachie. It started out fairly well but somewhere along the way, as often happens, I lost my focus and eventually lost the painting to the wrath of Wipe.

I felt kind of bad as several onlookers wanted to see what I had accomplished and I had nothing to show them.

Here is the studio version of the same subject, a 1955 Chevy Bel Aire:

55 Chevy Bel Aire - 9x12 inch oil on Gessobord

2 comments:

  1. Noticed this was on gesso board. Just bought a piece but haven't used it yet. Do you prepare the gesso board in any way before you paint. (i.e.; sand, re-gesso, etc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn. I don't prepare gesso board. Hopefully we're talking about the same thing. These are made by Ampersand.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.