Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Plein Air From Pigg Farm

Latest plein air painting and a story about a good puppy-dog. Last weekend I joined several other OPS members for an afternoon of painting at a farm near Maypearl, Texas. Windy but beautiful weather. The farm had lots of subject matter to choose from with two or three barns, an old abandoned farmhouse, and rolling plains. And to keep us company, a friendly puppy-dog that apparently lives there by herself. I was told that a Mr. Pigg feeds her daily but from the looks of the giant food dish on the front porch, it's probably more likely a weekly thing. Anyway, this dog was clean (considering his circumstances), well-mannered (as in no jumping on you), and probably needing a good home since she wasn't wearing a collar. But I'm not sure what her situation is. I'm thinking she would probably not be very happy in a small yard considering her current status as a free ranger with rabbits to chase and lots of room to roam. But I fear that she is not long for this world with coyotes lurking, or just the lack of veterinary care. Kicking myself for not taking a picture of her. About 45 pounds, lots of fur and tan to yellow/white in color.

Oh, and the painting... I call this Pigg Barn because I was told that this property belongs to Mr. Pigg. 9"x12" oil on gessobord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.