Saturday, January 4, 2014

#141 Leans To The Left - plein air

9x12 oil on gessobord
Another example of really nice folks living in rural Ellis County, after a few of us had set up to paint along a fairly busy country road near Five Points, the owner of the property pulled up and offered to open her gate for us to go inside for a better (and safer) location. All we had to do was lock it up when we were done. My friend Doug left her a nice thank you note on the barn door.

The only inhabitant of the place appeared to be an overly friendly white cat that was quite taken by Mary Rabien's petting skills, leaving her with only one free hand to paint.

My first attempt at painting this "lean-to" was not so great so I wiped it and began a smaller version. With not much sunlight left in the day I quickly established my local color and ended up finishing this in about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This really turned out well. You are amazing at painting structures and train cars,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.