Thursday, December 26, 2013

#137 December Morning Light on Juniper

This is a studio piece from one of my recent photos of our friend's ranch near Buffalo, Texas. I was drawn to this little juniper with its fullness of evergreen foliage in contrast to a small deciduous tree growing right next to it with no leaves. Adding to the contrast was the stark white trunk and branches. There's just a hint of remaining Fall color in the distant trees. The air was cool and crisp and the ground had a touch of frost. You can see a hint of the small lake to the right.

11x14 oil on canvas panel

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour! Kent, I like your landscapes very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful feeling of light. Great colors as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.