Sunday, October 6, 2013

#123 View From Emory Peak

Previously I have posted several paintings from slides I made while hiking in the Chisos Mountains many years ago in Big Bend National Park. This latest work is from high above the basin where it's easy to see how this was, at one time, a volcano. The Chisos are the southern-most tip of the Rocky Mountains in the U.S. I believe that the small tree growing out of the rocks is juniper that is common in the higher altitudes of the Rockies, but not so much in the surrounding Chihuahua Desert.

12"x9" oil on panel.



2 comments:

  1. Your paintings are so stunning!!!
    I especially love this one - the colors are so rich and your brush strokes are beautiful! Your paintings perfectly represent Plein Air painting - at it's very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous! Very kind of you to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.