Friday, March 8, 2013

Blue Jay

This was painted as quickly as I could in an attempt to teach myself to work more loosely.

I painted this same bluejay many years ago in watercolor from a similar photo. The photo reference was found after I got out my old slides the other day and went through the entire inventory looking for subjects to paint. I have about 25 photos that I would like to eventually paint in oil or pastel. These slides go back over 30 years.

This painting is available for purchase:


1 comment:

  1. This does look looser. I like it. That is what I'm working towards too. I've got a longer way to go in that regard than you, I think.
    I treked down to Corsicana today, a good show there. You ought to see it.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.