Friday, June 3, 2011

Best in Show - 2011 Paint Historic Waxahachie

Tonight was the Awards presentation for the week-long Paint Historic Waxahachie Plein Air competition. I'm happy to post that my watercolor Tin Roof Monday won Best in Show.

This whole event was a lot of fun. Not only winning an award, but getting to talk with fellow artists about our experiences throughout the week and enjoying some great bar-b-que in a wonderful setting inside the historic Chautauqua building in Getzendaner park.

Previous awards for this show:
2010 Honorable mention (Rogers Street Bridge)
2009 Honorable mention (Main Street House)


3 comments:

  1. You achieved a very interesting composition in this painting. I like the combination of organic shapes in the trees combined with the geometric shapes in the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why your painting was "Best in Show." Like all the work displayed on your blog, it is very fresh and crisp. The composition is so nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shirley. I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.