Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Paint Historic Waxahachie Plein Air Event - Painting #1

This was my first painting of the 2011 Paint Historic Waxahachie plein air competition. I took a day of vacation and on Friday afternoon I set up across the street from this old freight depot near downtown. I call this "Non-stop Destination". 12" x 16" watercolor on 140# Arches cold press.

It was very windy, as it was for the entire  4 days I painted for this year's event. But my new easel held up great against 40 mph gusts. I felt like this turned out pretty well so I was encouraged to trek on. The next morning was the "Quick Draw" event on the square with several other participants. After 90 minutes of painting we were required to stop and place them up for bid during a silent auction within the confines of the local Farmers Market. A truly silent auction, as in very few people around to bid because of the extremely windy conditions. Pottery blowing over and shattering, canopies flying away. Quite a scene. My quick draw wasn't finished and I wasn't thrilled with it but someone did bid on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.