Saturday, June 11, 2011

House Across the Street

I set up my easel on the front porch to paint my neighbors house during the Paint Out last week. Built in 1910, their home was one of five on tour for the annual Gingerbread Trail.

Another artist friend of mine, Ted Clemens, set up while I was painting and I decided to include him in my composition, though he appears to be about 40 pounds heavier here. His painting from this outing sold to the mother of the homeowners and I'm sure it will grace the walls of their home for many years. Ted is an excellent oil painter that I have enjoyed spending time with over the last three years. He won First Place during this year's competition.

1 comment:

  1. You did a really great job on this painting. I especially like that you added the figures, although I do have to agree with what you said about how you painted Ted, I don't think he has ahalf pound of fat in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.