Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Hidden Masterpiece

I stumbled across a photo of my son's nursery from 2003. I had painted this landscape with acrylics before he was born. I started out with no idea what I was going to do so I began with the tree in the corner and went on from there. Somehow this image wound up on the front page of the Waxahachie Daily Light that same year, along with an article about my art.  

We sold the house a year later and I've been told that someone painted over it since we moved. Okay, it has been 7 years, but little did they know what a famous artist I would become someday. I'm not sure exactly when that will be but they will rue the day!  

2 comments:

  1. Yes they WILL rue the day!! This room brings back many memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kidding, of course. They probably didn't have a clue about who painted it. Or, maybe they did :)

    When is Lucy's blog going to launch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are appreciated.